Friday, April 25, 2008

Fuck You, ADT

Yesterday was a slow day, so I was happy when another server seated my section with an 8 top of salesman from ADT. ADT used to be one of my biggest clients back in the day, so I thought I could really get a great tip out of them since I know something about their business. They didn't run me, they were pleasant and polite, I cleared out of my section just to take care of them. I joked with them, laughed with them, and was so happy when the bill came out to $81.

When the time came for them to pay the bill, they thanked me for everything and were very gracious. I began cleaning that area up. After they all left, my manager came up to me and told me they were a bunch of jerks. "Why?" I asked. "They weren't jerks to me."

"They said their food took too long to come out (it was 14 minutes, according to my grill ticket, not to mention the fact that I had three servers help me carry their food out) and that their drinks were too slow."

Thankfully my manager knew that was bullshit, but guess how much they left me? Five dollars. Five dollars on a fucking 81 dollar bill. You corporate scumbags. Such poor excuses.

I know what I'm going to say to ADT the next time they try to sell me a home alarm system.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. ADT is the largest collective bunch of jackasses I've EVER seen. Their salesmen lie, sell you guarantees, updated warranties... Then when you have a problem, they refer to the size 4 fonts on the back of the agreement that states they are not responsible for anything including functionality of their equipment. They alter agreements and what do you do about it?

THEIR WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER ELECTRONIC PARTS OR LABOR.

What the fuck DOES it cover?

Screw ADT. You worthless burglar magnets since your systems are so pathetic.

Do NOT USE ADT!!!